Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Quote by John Lock and My Commentary

"Every one is forward to complain of the prejudices that mislead other men or parties, as if he were free and had none of his own... This is the mote which every one sees in his brother's eye, but never regards the beam in his own." --- John Locke (1632-1704)

How then do I post such a quote while promoting even insisting so confidently, passionately even absolutely the sole ethic thus singular right to consent or dissent on all matters, as I critique with equal confidence, passion and absolute those who disagree? The answer should be self-evident yet often eludes. I do not covet unchecked enough thus do not intend to force upon their person, privacy, preference and/or possession by gun, knife, club, fist, office or vote. However, those who disagree do so for they do covet unchecked enough thus do intend to force upon my person, privacy, preference and/or possession by gun, knife, club, fist, office or vote.

As arrogant I may seem, I am equally, logically tempered, I pray humbled too, by what also should be self-evident yet often eludes. Whatever knowledge, experience, skill and wisdom I may have to manage my person, privacy, preference and property, are by no means sufficient to forcefully manage another's person, privacy, preference and property. With that said, many do speak and act as though they have such sufficiency, yet I am the arrogant one... :-)

Come let us Reason. Peace is always a Choice.
Study, Ponder, Labor, till last Breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment