Wednesday, July 17, 2019

More on Human ABILITY to REASON, Human RIGHT to CONSENT - Proem & Poem No. 125

Most likely to be published later this fall/winter of 2019/2020, my 11th book entitled appropriately; More 100 Proems & Poems on the Peculiar Human ABILITY to REASON, Singular Human RIGHT to CONSENT & Other Neglected Matters. The following will probably be included upon further editing, and front cover a slightly modified yet appropriate version of the previous....


PROEM & POEM No. 125 - Matthew Twenty-Five / Part 2


      This alternative consideration of St. Matthew, chapter 25 was written for a 4th of July posting (online). It is a personally contrived paraphse of course, although quite applicable. My apologies…

      When the Lord comes and all the holy angels with him, then shall He sit upon the throne of glory, He shall judge both the great and small, each according to their deeds. And before the Lord shall be gathered every tribe, nation, empire as well United States rightly last for priding herself as first (as commonly seduced by nationalism, militarism, patriotism or some other form of exceptionalism).

      Alas the Lord shall open the books the final time, recorded therein shall be every thought and every act committed against the Creator of heaven as well his creation on earth. Like thunder He shall declare His word. Like lightning He shall cast His gaze. Then shall He judge the multitudes from all tribes, nations, empires, then will come the multitude rightly last for priding herself as first, and the Lord shall say, "You falsely accused me and spied on me, you jailed me then tortured me, shot me, bombed me, droned me while starving me, robbing me, raping me, killing my children, slaughtering my cattle, burning my fields as well destroying my home, my marketplace, my school, my house of prayer, my workplace therefore my people. You did these blasphemous things aggressively without cause, relentessly without mercy, covetously disregarding and inhumanely disrespecting each and every person and their privacy, preference, possession and property."

      Then the multitude rightly last for priding herself as first will cry out in a single loud voice, "O Lord of All! When did we falsely accuse you and spy on you, jail you then torture you, shoot you, bomb you, drone you while starving you, robbing you, raping you, killing your children, slaughtering your cattle, burning your fields as well destroying your home, your marketplace, your school, your house of prayer, your workplace therefore your people?" And the multitude rightly last for priding herself as first will wail then gnash their teeth, crying out again, "O Lord of Hosts, we beseech you! When did we do these blasphemous things aggressively without cause, relentlessly without mercy, covetously disregarding and inhumanely disrespecting each and every person and their privacy, preference, possession and property?"

      Behold the multitude rightly last for priding herself as first will fall mute and prostrate by the heaviness of fear, and the Lord of All shall answer as a roar of rushing waters, "Verily I say unto you. Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least among those created in our image, you have done it unto me." And suddenly, there shall be a great silence!

---

Study of God by study of man, sound design, not by flesh
Manifested yet in flesh; human actions threshed then enmeshed
`Tween competing interests, thereby Ethic arises by the threats
Consent or Dissent mid bloodless conflicts by sweated respect

(Such great silence aft’ much to plait into some moral license
Nonesuch the contrivance then, thus upon it the reliance
Prior, a hot defiance towards studying God by studying Man
Mired in alliance with Arrogance, unwilling to understand)

Study of God by study of man, to mindlessly twine not
Yet to mindfully resign, humbly upon empirical thought
O the human fraught `twixt and `tween womb and tomb
Still, fixed to glean the Self-evidence o’er Utopian doom

---

Come let us Reason. Peace is always a Choice.
Study, Ponder, Labor, till last Breath.




Copyright © 2019 by D.C. Quillan Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment