Sunday, June 17, 2018

Look it up for yourself...

"Don't take my word for it, look it up for yourself."

Culver Edward Stone (father/pastor, 1925-1982)

He, as we all, have no idea the rippling effects of our words casual or thoughtful, spoken or written. Several posts ago, I displayed photos of those (among others) whose works I read and pondered, consequently developed the ideology I passionately hold today. That studious journey literally began upon hearing maybe two or three times as a very young teenager, the simple admonition (above) by my father from behind the pulpit. Did he intend my subsequent studies and conclusions over the many years that followed, perhaps or perhaps not, but nonetheless life-changing.

Come let us Reason (Is. 1:18). Peace is always a Choice (Mt 5:9).
  

No comments:

Post a Comment