Saturday, May 29, 2021

Quotes by Socrates, Aristotle, Einstein... the more I study the less I know... and regarding my forthcoming book and newly discovered scotch...

As attributed to Socrates, Einstein and some others, "The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know." Allow me to logically as well passionately affirm; the more I study the less I know!!!

So contrary to political opinion on popular issues; the science is never in but ongoing.

My last 2 published books on the Singular Human Right to Consent (or dissent) were necessary starting points, but merely starting points nonetheless thus "Proems & Poems" as appropriately entitled. The book-in-image hence work "Organon" by Aristotle is the 4th thus far read in preparation for my next book project, dozen-plus books yet to read by various logicians and syllogists mainly, as well ethicists, theologians, praxeologists, etc. I'm already understanding further depth in the logic, consistency, ethic therefore natural law, consequently divine institutions as referenced by 19th century economist Claude-Frédéric Bastiat.

"Now since the required ground of our knowledge---i.e. of our conviction---of a fact is the possession of such a syllogism... and the ground of the syllogism is the facts constituting its premises, we must not only know the primary premises---some if not all---beforehand, but know them better than the conclusion... So since the primary premises are the cause of our knowledge---i.e. of our conviction---it follows that we know them better---that is, are more convinced of them---than their consequences, precisely our knowledge of the latter is the effect of our knowledge of the premises."

Aristotle (384-322 BC, Posterior Analytics of his work Organon)

May I beseech thee for an "Amen!" :-) Admittedly, such studying, pondering, laboring endeavors are both blessing and curse as all endeavors pursued by mortals this side of heaven. However, I thank God for both!  

And by the way, the drink depicted is a recent discovery on my part, a 12-year highland scotch whiskey Tomatin. I highly recommend it.

Come let us Reason. Peace is always a Choice.
Study, Ponder, Labor, till last Breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment