Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I do not have the right to a hate-free world...

I do not have the right to a hate-free world. Thus I do not have the right to enter any situation, at any location, free of hate, that is to say, hate of any ill sort. Nor do I have the right to remain and speak if uninvited, therefore I do not have the right to forcefully eradicate hate (by any means necessary) as though endowed with divine discernment. Else such presumption of rights and force transgress the singular human right to consent or dissent on all matters, not just matters agreeable to one's preferences or principles.

I do however have the right to freely walk away. I do have the right to freely speak against hate in any situation, at any location, if invited. I do have the right to freely write comments, essays and books against hate to be freely read or ignored by anyone who so chooses. Clearly such plurality of rights are quite redundant of course to the comprehensively thus universally singular human right to consent or dissent on all matters, not just matters agreeable to one's preferences or principles.

Come let us Reason (Is 1:18). Peace is always a Choice (Mt 5:9).
Study, Ponder, Labor, till last Breath (2 Tm 2:15 / Cl 3:23).

No comments:

Post a Comment