Thursday, August 5, 2021

Ayn Rand (1905-1982)... I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Ayn Rand (1905-1982, from her book Atlas Shrugged)

Best exemplified the beauty of self-interest respected thus regarded per modest governance, when individuals separately calculate, speculate, labor and produce, then in the marketplace of mutual consent, not taxed, regulated, subsidized, prohibited, sanctioned, confiscated nor seized, negotiate and exchange their goods and services, all proportionately satisfied even benefited.

Best exemplified the ugliness of self-interest disrespected thus disregarded per arrogant governance, when individuals separately calculate, speculate, labor and produce, then in the marketplace of covetous presumption, well taxed, regulated, subsidized, prohibited, sanctioned, confiscated or seized, adjust and transact their goods and services, all disproportionately unsatisfied even harmed.

Come let us Reason. Peace is always a Choice.
Study, Ponder, Labor, till last Breath.

Note:
Book cover is a 1996 paperback preprint of Rand's 1957 novel, a storyline then somewhat speculative although now quite definitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment